Thursday, February 7, 2013

Still waiting...

Here we sit with a finished house, a completed appraisal, a certificate of occupancy, walkthrough completed, the thumbs up from underwriting, and 14.5 days until closing.  Wow...so glad you built in that cushion for the VA appraisal, NVR!  I read another blogger's comments about how dealing with this type of thing has lessened her excitement about the house.  I'm with you on that one!

I guess this will give us time to pack our remaining items and RH time to get the right lights hung in the house.  Oh, and a word of advice if you have a white vanity top--look closely for scratches.  We have been in that house numerous times with a fine-tooth comb and didn't notice the massive amount of significant scratches on it until last week.  Same goes for the cabinets.  Look closely for touch-up attempts gone wrong.

I know that we should appreciate the opportunity for more time to pack...but that doesn't seem nearly as fun as using the time to unpack in the new house :)


14 comments:

  1. You shall see soon enough the Big Bang once you get those keys!! Lol take advantage of this time and do what you can because it will be on and popping once you close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is tough. I will bet your excitement will return right when you get those keys! It is good to have some packing time, though 14.5 days is A LOT! Good luck! Can't wait for pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). Still too soon to pack up things in the kitchen, but we are trying to pack what we can.

      Delete
  3. I'm really sorry you have to wait. Maybe you can get started on some projects ahead of time? Picture framing, window treatment shopping, anything that you wanted to stain/restain, make, or sew? Small projects might make the time go by faster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have window shopped, but want to get a feel for the home before we start buying. Can't wait to do that!!

      Delete
  4. Though the waiting part is not fun once you get those keys your excitement would kick in again. Can't wait for Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I got tired of waiting and started my blog. :)
    http://ryanhomeravenna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you still have such a long wait! Hopefully the time passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a delay, sorry to hear that. Yes, it's a bummer losing your excitement during this process but I'm sure it will return quickly as your day is nearer. At least everything is done and you are not going to be stressing the day of your settlement because of a potential delay.

    Thanks for the reminder about the vanity tops and cabinets - another reason I need to bring every pair of eyes I can to fine-tooth comb the house before settlement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope they use this time to get as much done as possible!

      Delete
  8. We are looking and considering a Ryan Home and using a VA Loan, were you able to do it with no money down and if not, approx. how much did you have to pay out of pocket, if you don't mind me asking? You can email me off the blog, if you would rather, thendricks8@gmail.com I would really appreciate any information you can give me about using our VA Loan and any other tips, etc. you might have. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete